Delicious vegan skewers with marinated vegetables.
Do you want a super easy, quick and frugal vegan food for you or your friends? Then this vegan vegetables skewers recipe is specially made for you!
A perfect suggestion for a party as well!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Vegan grilled vegetable skewers (souvlakia)
Ingredients for the marinade
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- ½ tsp curry
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika or ½ tsp sweet
Ingredients for the skewers
- 20 skewers
- 500 g mushrooms white or brown
- 40 cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 Florina pepper
- Mix in a large bowl all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Cut the mushrooms into small pieces, the peppers and onion into cubes, and the zucchini into slices (not too thin).
- Add all the ingredients in the bowl, stir well and leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
Vegan vegetables skewers
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers.
- Bake on a preheated grill for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn them carefully on the other side and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve them as they are, on top of pita bread or wrapped in one.
Serve with french fries, fresh salad or vegan Greek tzatziki sauce.
- You can use other ingredients such as eggplants, diced mushrooms or diced tofu.
- Soy sauce is already salty, so don't add salt before tasting the vegetables.
- To prevent the skewers from burning while grilled, you can soak them in water for 5 minutes (while marinating the vegetables).
- If you want, after they are cooked, sprinkle some dried oregano on top.
- You can cook them in a frying pan, grill or even on barbeque grill.