An easy and delicious vegan everyday recipe. A very quick meal, perfect for when you're in a hurry or when you suddenly have several guests and want something quick, tasty and… enough for everyone to be satisfied 🙂
The pink sauce with almond milk, tomato, nutritious yeast and sweet paprika has a soft creamy texture and tastes amazing. With the freshness of the cherry tomatoes and spinach you can make a quick and easy meal that gets even better with a little bit chili.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Spinach & cherry tomatoes pasta with pink vegan sauce
- 500 gr pasta (we recommend whole grain linguini or spaghetti)
- 30 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 250 gr spinach
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup nutritional yeast preferably B12-enhanced
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 3 cups almond milk
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ⅛ tsp chili powder (alternatively cayenne or black pepper)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- salt (optional)
- Start by boiling the pasta so they're ready when you need them later on. Boil them for about 2 minutes less than you normally would, as they'll also boil for a while in the sauce you'll make.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium to high heat.
- Sauté the onion for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and continue for another half a minute.
- Then add the cherry tomatoes and continue for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, stir for a minute and add the wine.
- When absorbed, add the broth or water, almond milk and the spices. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the spinach, stir and leave for another 2 minutes.
- Add the nutritional yeast and give a good stir.
- Finally, remove the pan from the heat, add the pasta, stir well and leave it for 2 minutes.
- Serve while hot. You can sprinkle with some freshly ground black pepper, chili, nutritional yeast or vegan topping (adding in a high-speed blender ½ cup of cashews, 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast, ¼ tsp smoked paprika and ½ tsp garlic powder).