Super flavorful vegan chocolate ice cream that only takes 5 minutes of our time!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
It has an amazing flavor and texture! It's vegan, therefore fasting, and super nutritious and healthy, as it's banana-based, but it also contains almond milk and peanut butter. It's so simple that it will definitely be on your recipes list. A vegan ice cream that you can enjoy all year round and not just in the summer.
Suitable for weight loss periods, as it has only 88 calories per serving, instead of the 285 other non-vegan ice creams have.
If you have children, they will love it! You will be able to offer them their favorite chocolate ice cream without worrying 🙂
For this recipe you will need:
Vegan chocolate ice cream (banana-based)
Vegan ice cream
- Slice the bananas, put them in a container or bag, and then in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Put the bananas and the rest of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix well.
- Put the mixture in an airtight container and then in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Your vegan ice cream is ready! Enjoy!
Variations of vegan ice cream
You can make variations on your vegan ice cream by:
- Adding chocolate chips (50 gr/1.7 oz vegan chocolate cut into small pieces) in the mixture you have already mixed in the blender. Fold the chocolate pieces in and put it in the freezer.
- Replacing peanut butter with almond butter, hazelnut butter, or tahini.
- Replacing almond milk with other plant-based milk, such as coconut milk or hazelnut milk.
- Adding nuts, chopped into small pieces.
- Adding dried fruit, finely chopped. Such as sour cherries, blueberries, or strawberries.
- Adding 1 tsp orange zest or ½ tsp cinnamon or 1 tsp crushed ginger.
- If you want it to be fluffier, after one hour you've left it in the freezer, take it out, mix it with a fork, and put it back in the freezer.
- After several hours in the freezer, it becomes quite hard. So, if you want to serve it for example the next day, take it out of the freezer a few minutes before you serve it to allow it to thaw just a bit.
- We recommend that you don't freeze the bananas for more than 2 hours as then they will become too hard and it will be more difficult to blend them. If they're too hard and you are using a multi, you will need to let them thaw a bit.
- If you make more vegan ice cream, using more than 2 bananas, it will take more time for them to freeze.