8 mouthwatering grilled vegetable patties in just 30 minutes!
Grilled vegetable patties! A simple and quick, everyday recipe that will amaze you! They're very quickly and easily prepared, and we can serve them as a main course, but also as an appetizer or in sandwiches, wraps or burger bun.
We grill them in the oven, but they can also be cooked in the pan. No matter how you cook them, you will have super tasty, mouthwatering, nutritious and aromatic burgers!
Perfect suggestion for a quick, simple, and incredibly tasty meal and snack for vegans, vegetarians, and not only!
Try them out and we will be waiting for your comments and photos 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
For this recipe you will need:
- Baking pan
Grilled vegetable patties in 30 minutes!
- 1 big potato about 300 gr./10.5 oz
- 1 cup oat flakes or oat flour
- 1 cup mixed vegetables fresh or frozen (whatever you have, such as peas, corn, carrots, green beans)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 small Florina pepper (or green bell pepper) finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp fresh mint finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp curry
- salt and pepper
- Heat some water in a pot, and while waiting for it to boil, prepare your vegetables.
- Once it starts to boil, put the potatoes and the mixed vegetables in.
- While the vegetables are boiling, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 2 minutes. Add the Florina pepper and continue sautéing for another 1 minute. Add the garlic and continue for another 1 minute, and then put everything you sautéed in a large bowl.
- Preheat your oven to the highest temperature, turning on your broiler.
- Once the vegetables are ready, strain them, but keep the broth (see note 6). Put the potatoes in the bowl and puree them with a fork. Add all other ingredients (mixed vegetables, oat flakes, herbs, and spices), except olive oil, and mix well.
- Next, smear your hands with oil or water and form 8 patties. Put them on a greased baking tray (if you like, put some parchment paper on the tray) and lightly brush the patties with a little bit of olive oil on top.
- Finally, grill for 8 minutes or until golden brown, placing the baking tray on the top rack of the oven. Turn them over and grill for another 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them firm up for 5 minutes.
- You can serve them with lettuce salad, à la Polita (Politiki), kale or any other fresh salad.
- You can also serve them with french fries or in sandwiches, wraps or burger bun.
- To boil the potato faster, cut it into small pieces before putting it in the water.
- You can use canned or frozen mixed vegetables or your own fresh ones. Many vegetables will do the trick, like carrots, peas, corn, green and red peppers, and green beans. If you do not have it all, that's okay, just put whatever you have!
- If you want to save time, boil the potato (cut into small pieces) with the vegetables in the same pot. In about 10 minutes they'll be ready!
- If the mixture is too liquid, add some more oat flakes (or oat flour).
- If you like, you can also cook the patties in the pan. In this case, heat some olive oil (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) over low to medium heat. Once they are golden brown from the bottom, turn them over. If you cook them in the pan, make sure they're far enough apart from each other, so that they do not dissolve when you try to turn them, as they will be a little moist.
- Keep the broth where the vegetables were boiled, and when it cools down, put it in a well-sealed bag, and store it in the freezer. You can use it in risotto or to boil pasta or rice, for extra flavor and nutrients!
Thank you so much Mina!!! You can also try with variations in vegetables and spices 🙂
Perfect vegan burgers!
Thanks so much for the recipe!
I just made them!
I was looking for vegan burgers and since I made this recipe it has been included in the weekly menu! Congratulations! 😀
We also thank you and look forward to learning the news 🙂
Thank you very much. I will try it and tell you
Right, we froze a mixture of burgers with black beans and oats and cooked them a few days later and it was fine, only the mixture was a little wetter. As for the specific burgers, the puree also troubled us at first, but while searching we saw that many say that both the boiled potatoes and the puree are frozen for about a month. Although we found reports that said that with its freezing the potato becomes very "watery". So if you try to freeze the mixture, maybe after thawing you can add a little extra oats.
Oats have no problem, I use it in my burgers as well. The potato worries me.
We have not tried to freeze them, so we do not know for sure. Looking at our ingredients, oats are a problem. Because we have the same question, we will try to try it and we will inform you 🙂
Can we put them in the freezer? Will it be the same after when we cook them?
Good Evening! I would suggest quinoa flakes or just over half a cup of all-purpose or wholemeal flour.
Good Evening!! If I do not have oats, what do I put?
Thank you very much Costa! 🙂
Thank you very much Kyriako! And
Very tasty recipe!