Simple and easy vegan fried bread!
Ideal for breakfast, snacks or to accompany our vegan dips or salad (as a base or croutons).
Fried bread is a very simple, easy and delicious snack. This is exactly what its name implies, ie bread made in the pan. Because of this, it is extremely satisfying and tasty!
In our recipe we use only a few drops of olive oil and the result is a delicious, crunchy outside and soft inside, vegan fried bread! It is very simple and enjoyable in itself. In addition, it is offered for a variety of variations as we can add various ingredients of our choice such as oregano, thyme, sliced olives, grated carrot and sun-dried tomatoes. We can serve it as a salad base, adding vegetables and herbs on top (such as chopped tomatoes, olives and oregano) but also as a dessert, adding coconut sugar and cinnamon but also malt, maple or agave syrup, fresh fruit and nuts.
It is ideal to be served with dips such as:
Vegan fried bread! Enjoy!
Recipe for delicious fried bread in a little olive oil
Ingredients for vegan fried bread
- 1 cup flour for all uses. (Ideally, we replace the 2 tbsp with cornmeal)
- ⅓ cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp yeast (Filled)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the warm water, the yeast and the sugar, cover it and let it rise for 5 minutes.
- In a second, large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour (both cornflour and flaxseed if you add) and salt and mix.
- Once the yeast has risen, add to the large bowl all the contents of the small bowl and 2 tbsp. olive oil and mix well. Cover with a towel and let it rise for 15 minutes.
- Heat in a large pan 1 tbsp. olive oil and fry on medium heat for 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
We can do variations of vegan fried bread adding various materials such as:
- sliced olives
- grated carrot
- sun-dried tomatoes
- We can also make it sweet, sprinkling it with sugar or cinnamon but also adding malt, maple syrup or agave.