Mushrooms fairly have an honorable place in vegan cuisine. They are easy to find, in great variety, and can be cooked in many imaginative ways,
With mushrooms we can make:
- mushroom pie
- mushroom soup
- mushroom risotto
- festive vegan loaf
- mushroom no-meat balls
- Greek traditional souvlaki with mushrooms gyros
- vegetable skewers
- grilled vegetables
- white sauce for pasta
and countless more delicious recipes.
This time we made stuffed portobello mushrooms with chopped tomatoes, rosemary and vegan cheese, we baked them on the oven grill and we loved them!
Try this super quick, easy, simple and delicious appetizer and tell us what you think!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Delicious portobello mushrooms stuffed with tomato and vegan cheese
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1½ tsp rosemary (fresh or dried) finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- vegan cheese (grated or chopped) (optional)
- Preheat your oven to the highest temperature, turning on your broiler.
- Clean the mushrooms with a clean and slightly damp towel.
- In a bowl, pour the ingredients for the sauce and mix well. Brush the mushrooms with the sauce on both sides and put them in a pan with the stem down. Bake for 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a deep dish, put the ingredients for the filling, except for the cheese, and mix lightly until the ingredients are slightly mixed.
- Fill the mushrooms with the stuffing and sprinkle with the vegan cheese. Sprinkle all the mushrooms with olive oil and optionally, add 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary in the pan.
- Bake in the grill for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the tomato is slightly cooked.