Easy, quick and delicious vegan bruschetta.
Ideal for breakfast or snacks and, without the topping, perfectly served with soup!
The bruschetta is an appetizer of Italian origin and is placed in the 15th century B.C. Although there are reports even from the 8th century B.C. Its characteristic is the toasted bread (rubbed with garlic) where olive oil is added on top. The word bruschetta comes from the word bruscare which means to roast over coals.
Our recipe for vegan bruschettes has a Mediterranean note, as we add cherry tomatoes and oregano. Try them and you will wonder how they can be so delicious! The secret is of course in toasting the bread in olive oil, but also - mainly - in rubbing it while it's still hot, with fresh garlic.
If you have cherry tomatoes, prefer them from the tomatoes that can also be used, as they are not only redder and more presentable for serving but also usually sweeter, tastier, and most importantly, with less juice.
Our simplest version of vegan bruschettes is the one we suggest here. That is, only with cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, and oregano, which is incredibly tasty!
This recipe can be just a base, to which you can add more ingredients such as olives, peppers, vegan Greek feta cheese and balsamic vinegar.
Our favorite variation is with cherry tomatoes, avocado, lemon and fresh cilantro.
Try our recipe for vegan bruschetta and experiment freely by adding any ingredient you like. They are served warm but also cold, and they are ideal for breakfast, appetizer, and quick snacks. Without topping, they are perfectly served with soup.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Bruschetta in 10 minutes - With tomato, garlic, oregano and olive oil
Ingredients for vegan bruschetta
- 2 slices wholewheat bread
- 10 cherry tomatoes or 1 tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat a pan well over medium to high temperature, and bake the bread on both sides, after greasing it with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Once the bread is toasted, rub it all around with the garlic (after first cutting it in half to get more aroma).
- Serve, placing the bread on a plate and add the chopped cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano on top.
- To easily grease the bread with the olive oil, spread the olive oil in the pan and then put the bread in, pressing it lightlyl on both sides.
- If you use tomato, remove the seeds because the bread will absorb this extra moisture and will lose its pleasant and crunchy texture.
- You can also add various ingredients of your choice. Some ideas are: avocado, vegan Greek feta cheese, vegan scrambled tofu (Greek kayanas), olives, green pepper, capers, thyme, savory, ground pepper, balsamic vinegar and unprocessed sugar.
- You can create variations by replacing oregano with basil, mint, parsley, dill or fresh cilantro.
- For extra flavor, you can grease the toasted bread with olive oil and sprinkle it with oregano before adding the rest of the ingredients.