Hazelnut is a nut that can be used in many recipes, both sweet and savory (e.g. in salads). Hazelnuts are rich in energy, i.e. they have many calories, but they also have great nutritional value.
Among other things, they contain protein, calcium, iron, fiber, thiamine, vitamin E, magnesium and potassium. They are also high in folic acid, which makes them an ideal food during pregnancy. Hazelnuts also help reduce "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and have anti-cancer effects due to their antioxidants.
It is generally a very good food for everyone, as it helps with brain function, blood pressure, bone health, the digestive system, the regulation of metabolism, and more.
Hazelnut butter is very easy and quick to prepare. All we need is one high-speed blender and of course our hazelnuts! That's right. We do not add anything else. While the hazelnuts are blended, their oils are released and slowly become a paste. We can blend our hazelnuts more or less, depending on how smooth we want our spread or if we want it to retain a texture. In other words, if we want if to be a little crunchy.
Try it and tell us in the comments what is your favorite way to eat your hazelnut butter 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
For this recipe you will need a high-speed blender.
Homemade hazelnut butter in 10 minutes!
- 2 cups hazelnuts (raw or roasted)
- If your hazelnuts are raw, roast them for 10 minutes in a preheated oven, in fan mode, at 180 ° C/356°F.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool a bit.
- Add the hazelnuts in a high-speed blender and blend until they become a paste. The more you blend, the smoother your hazelnut butter will become.
- The whole process takes about 10 minutes with short breaks so that the blender is not pressed and also to scrape the sides of the blender. Blend until the hazelnut butter becomes as smooth or crunchy as you want.
- Transfer the hazelnut butter to a sterile jar and store in the refrigerator for 1-2 months.