Amazing creamy mushroom risotto in 30 minutes.
With nutritional yeast and turmeric (fasting and vegan).
If you are looking for ideas for quick and delicious meal, try this vegan recipe for our mushroom risotto. It's unique, thanks to its rich texture that results from the constant stirring, and the nutritional yeast that we add at the end. Turmeric is not necessary but it gives a wonderful color and the result is incredibly delicious!
Quick, easy and frugal vegan recipe for everyday meal!
Try it and we are waiting for your comments below 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Delicious creamy mushroom risotto in 30 minutes (fasting and vegan)
Vegan mushroom risotto
- Clean the fresh mushrooms with a damp towel. Rinse the rice, finely chop the mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and heat the broth (or water), and keep warm at a low temperature.
- Heat the olive oil with the curry in a pan at a medium to high temperature. Once hot, add the mushrooms and onion, and sauté for 8 minutes or until the liquids are absorbed. Add the garlic and rice, and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, turmeric, and a spoonful of broth (with a ladle) and stir. When it evaporates, add another spoonful of broth and continue stirring. Repeat until you use all the broth (or water), or until the rice softens. Ideally, the rice should be soft on the outside and slightly crispy in the center.
- Once left with few liquids, remove the pan from the heat, add the nutritional yeast and mix well.
- It is served warm. Optionally sprinkle with freshly ground pepper or fresh parsley or cilantro.
- The secret to a perfect risotto is constant stirring and using broth. The richer the broth, the tastier the result.
- You can also use dried mushrooms or combine them with fresh (which we recommend).
- If you also use dried mushrooms, soak them in the hot broth (or the water you will use) for ten minutes. To soak them faster, finely chop them (or grate them).
- We recommend using turmeric powder as it will give a wonderful golden color to your vegan risotto, and it has antioxidant and anti-cancer properties, but you can also skip it.