Fresg and delicious salad with lentils in 25 minutes!
An easy, quick & super nutritious vegan recipe.
Easy, quick and delicious vegan Mediterranean salad with lentils. It is very economical as with 1.5 euros you can make 4 individual salads. Super nutritious as it is rich in iron, fiber, vitamin A and potassium (and with significant amounts of protein and vitamin C).
Ideal for the summer months when we want something refreshing, light and nutritious, but also for those days when cooking time is minimal.
We can serve it as a salad, appetizer or main dish.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Vegan Mediterranean salad with lentils
Ingredients for the vegan Mediterranean salad with lentils
- 1 cup brown lentils raw
- 15 cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato
- ½ cucumber
- 10 olives
Sauce for vegan Mediterranean salad with lentils
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- Simmer the lentils for 20 minutes (or until softened).
- While boiling, cut the cherry tomatoes and the cucumber into small pieces and the olives into slices (after removing the pit).
- In a cup, mix well all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Put the boiled lentils in a salad bowl and let them cool. Then, add the rest of the ingredients and the sauce and mix gently.
- Serve at room temperature or put your salad in the fridge and serve it cold (ideal for hot days).
- Simmer the lentils so that the water does not boil too much. We want them to soften but not break.
- In the boiling water of the lentils you can add ¼ tsp curry and ¼ tsp turmeric.
- Once the lentils are boiled, ypu can put them in the fridge to cool faster.