Amazing velvet pumpkin soup with leek and ginger in 30 minutes!
A vegan soup that will keep you warm. You will love it!
There are many variations of pumpkin soup as it is one of the favorite soups. Not unjustly, as it has a wonderful texture, taste, and color. Our recipe is ideal for the winter, not only because it is served hot, but also because it has ginger which, in addition to the wonderful aroma, will warm you in a unique way!
Our recipe is very easy and quick. Ready in just 30 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Velvet pumpkin soup with leek and ginger (vegan)
Ingredients for vegan velvet pumpkin soup
- 750 g pumpkin
- 1 leek
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 centimeters fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground coriander (optional)
- salt and pepper
Velvet pumpkin soup with leek and ginger
- Cut the pumpkin into 1 inch cubes and slice the leek, ginger and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the pumpkin for 4 minutes. Add the leeks and ginger and stir regularly. After 4 minutes add the garlic and continue for another 4 minutes. Add the broth (or water) and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid closed.
- Blend them all with a stick blender or transfer the entire content of the pan to a blender and your pumpkin soup is ready!
Serve it plain, with freshly ground pepper, croutons, or accompany it with toasted bread.
- If you want it runnier, add an extra half or a full cup of broth or water.
- If you want it spicier, add extra fresh or ground ginger.
Thank you very much!
The truth is that we also add a little more ginger 🙂
The most beautiful vegan pumpkin soup I have ever tasted !!!
The whole family was excited !!!
We made it with the croutons and we have no words !!!
We put a little more ginger because we like it very much !!!
It came out hot but it did so much and it was what it allowed it needed !!!