Impress your guests with this delicious salad! It is colorful, aromatic and with amazing flavor combinations. Your guests will be amazed by the way so many flavors and textures are combined at the same time. With crunchy cabbage, aromatic mint, juicy apple, sweet and sour pomegranate, sweet raisins and dill notes, combined with an awesome fresh and sweet and sour sauce.
If you have guests at a festive dinner and have already made an impressive main course, you'll need an equally impressive salad. This is the recipe you need. If you have the time and the passion to present it with the ingredients in strips, like in the photo, then it's certain you'll have a real gem on your table! In this case, mix all ingredients and sauce immediately before serving.
You can also serve it in individual portions in a separate dish for each guest, as well as a side dish (within the same plate with the main course).
Of course, this salad is not just for festive tables. It is a delicious salad that you can enjoy every day, either as a main course or as an accompaniment. It perfectly accompanies many vegan dishes such as roll of lentils.
With every chance you get, just prepare it, garnish it and enjoy it!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Colorful and fresh salad for festive dinners, and not only.
- 4 cups white cabbage cut into thin strips (julienned)
- 4 cups purple cabbage cut into thin strips (julienned)
- ½ lettuce cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 carrots cut into thin slices using a peeler, and then into small squares
- 1 apple diced
- 1 pomegranate the seeds (check out our video on how to deseed it in just 2 minutes)
- 1 cup dill finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint finely chopped (keep 5-6 whole leaves to serve)
- 1 cup raisins (preferably black ones)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 lemon (the juice)
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pekmez/grape molasses or molasses
- 1 Tbsp mustard (optional)
- Prepare the sauce by mixing well all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Keep aside some dill, mint, raisins, apple, and pomegranate for garnishing.
- In a large mixing bowl assemble the salad, adding all the salad ingredients.
- Then, add the sauce, toss to coat and serve immediately.
- Serve, transferring the salad to a large salad pan, without any overcooking sauce.
- If you want to impress, such as at the Christmas dinner, you can serve it without tossing. In this case, you'll have a result similar to the photo. To achieve this, strip each ingredient, side by side with the sauce in a separate bowl. Add the sauce and toss when all guests are at the table and serve immediately. This time, cinnamon is a must!
2. Serve immediately because the purple cabbage will color the rest of the ingredients as time passes. Of course, they get tastier, but if you're interested in the appearance, serve it immediately.
3. Instead of raisins you can use fresh or dried blueberries or cranberries.
4. If you have any salad left (which is very unlikely!) keep in the fridge for one day. That way the ingredients will marinate and some will soften, but the flavors will come together. It will be less presentable, but very yummy.