Heartwarming soup with mashed vegetables and rice at 30'. Five portions with only 2$.
Vegan, vegetarian, and fasting.
No matter how you call it, it's delicious!
If you want something to keep you warm, and also something that's simple, quick, nutritious, economical but incredibly delicious, this recipe is for you!
Vegan soup with mashed vegetables and rice that both grown ups and children will love!
- Aromatic, packed with flavor, and rich texture.
- The tomato, celery and ground coriander make it unique and heartwarming.
- Super simple and incredibly frugal.
- Exactly what you need to keep you warm in cold winter days.
Go for it today and thank us later 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Heartwarming soup with mashed veggies & rice at 30΄with 2$
- ½ cup rice for soup
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 small tomato
- ¼ Florina pepper (optional)
- 4 ribs celery
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp curry
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- salt and pepper
Vegetable soup with rice (vegan and vegetarian)
- Fill a medium size saucepan with water (just above the middle), add the spices and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Cut the potatoes, carrot and onion in half, grate the tomato, and add them in the pot along with all the other ingredients, except for the rice and olive oil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Blend in a high-speed blender (or a food processor) one potato, the carrot, the pepper, half the onion and half the celery along with a glass of the broth (in which they boiled) and add the mixture back to the pot. If you have a hand blender, blend them in the pot after first removing the remaining vegetables with a slotted spoon.
- Add the rice and stir. Simmer over very low heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the olive oil and leave for another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm adding lemon, olive oil or freshly ground pepper.
- The vegetables you did not blend, you can serve them with the soup. Either in the soup or as a side dish.
- You can decorate your soup with small celery leaves.
- You can serve your soup with freshly baked wholewheat bread.
- Turmeric will give your vegan soup a beautiful golden color but the important thing is that it has antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
- Ideally, instead of water, you can use vegetable broth. Thus, you will have an even richer result and your soup will have a more fulfilling taste and texture.
- You can make variations of this vegan recipe by adding various vegetables, herbs or even spices. Such as zucchini, pumpkin, parsley, sweet paprika and rosemary.
You can find our other recipes for vegan soups here.