Cabbage rice recipe! A quick, super affordable, and very tasty, everyday food.
4 servings for less than 1 euro!
If you're like us, and after you make a cabbage salad, you're left with half the cabbage in the fridge, and stare at it without knowing what to do with it, well... then this recipe is dedicated to you 🙂 Not only the cabbage doesn't get thrown away, but the result is excellent! It only takes 15 minutes to prepare it! Then it takes another 15-20 minutes for it to boil, but you can set an alarm to remind you, and go read a book or something.
A perfect meal for when we're in a hurry and want something delicious.
Try it and we look forward to your comments 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Cabbage rice in 30 Minutes - A super easy, tasty, and within budget, recipe!
- 1 cup rice (we recommend arborio)
- 250 g white cabbage (8.8 oz) cut into 2 cm/0.8 in squares
- 1 liter vegetable broth or water
- 1 tomato grated
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp curry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan heat the olive oil with the curry over medium to high heat.
- Once warm, add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the rice and sauté for 2 minutes (first rinse and drain it).
- Next, add the tomato and carrot and continue for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the cabbage and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the broth (or water), salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes. After 12-13 minutes, taste the rice every now and then and when it's done, remove the pan from the heat. If you intend to leave it in the frying pan for a while, remove it just before the rice is fully cooked, as it will continue to soften.
- It is served warm, but is eaten pleasantly and cold, especially when the weather is warm.