Super easy, quick, delicious, fulfilling, and nutritious recipe with black-eyed peas.
Ideal for a quick vegan meal or salad.
Black-eyed beans are ideal for quick vegan and fasting meals as they boil very quickly. If we soak them, they boil in 20 minutes, and without soaking in about an hour.
Our vegan recipe for a colorful salad with black-eyed peas is super easy and takes almost no time. Just mix the boiled beans with your chopped vegetables (sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, onion, and parsley) and pour over that delicious dressing of ours. That's it. Your salad is ready!
So, if you want something quick, nutritious, and super tasty, try it today!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Black-eyed peas salad with sun-dried tomatoes & vegetables
Ingredients for black-eyed peas salad
- 250 g black-eyed peas
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 small Florina pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pekmez/grape molasses (optional)
- salt and pepper
Black-eyed peas (if you use canned ones, skip this step)
- Soak the black-eyed peas (8 hours in cold water or 2 in hot) and simmer for about 20 minutes or until softened, but without dissolving. Drain them and let them cool.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips. The peppers and the onion, first in half and then in thin slices. Grate the carrot and finely chop the parsley.
- Add all your ingredients to a salad bowl, pour the dressing over them and mix gently. Leave for 5 minutes for the flavors to set.
- It is eaten both as a salad and as an appetizer, side dish or main dish.
- Start by boiling the black-eyed peas and in the meantime prepare your vegetables.
- Simmer the black-eyed peas so that they do not "break". We want them soft, but not mashed. Boil them in plain water, in vegetable broth or in water, where you add ¼ tsp curry and ¼ tsp turmeric.
- It is important to let the beans cool before mixing them with the rest of the ingredients, as if they are hot they will soften the vegetables and you will lose the crunchy texture and freshness you need.
- You can use other vegetables of your choice such as cherry tomatoes, arugula, fresh cilantro, dill pickles, white and purple cabbage, and/or olives.