Get ready to make and enjoy the most delicious vegan brownies! They are made of chocolate (what else?), they are vegan (of course!) And they are amazing! You will be completely satisfied with both their taste and their texture.
It is the perfect recipe for those who like the taste of nuts, but do not prefer their texture in the dessert (just like me), since I use hazelnut butter. Which of course you can replace with any other nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.), according to your taste preferences.
Of course, if you want you can add pieces of nuts. Any nut will work… Walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds or any other nut you want.
So let's make these delicious and quick vegan brownies! 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
For this recipe you will need a baking pan about 20x20 cm/8x8 in
Mouthwatering vegan chocolate brownies with hazelnut butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup hazelnut butter or other nut butter
- ½ cup chopped vegan chocolate or semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips (3.5 oz) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F, in fan function. Line some parchment paper in a 20x20 cm/8x8 baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, sugar, and vanilla powder until well combined. (If you use vanilla extract add it in the next step, with the liquid ingredients).
- Next, add the olive oil, almond milk and hazelnut butter. Mix well with a whisk or fork until your mixture is combined. If you want, add the chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Finally, transfer the mixture to the baking pan (you can also sprinkle the chocolate chips on top) and bake for about 25 minutes or until you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Once they're ready, let them cool before you cut them into pieces or put them in the fridge, where they'll get a wonderful fudgy texture!
- Serve from the fridge or warm (heat it in the microwave). It goes perfectly with vegan chocolate banana ice cream.