Good morning! With a super energy-boosting, refreshing, enjoyable (and of course vegan) smoothie, ideal to start your day!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we get a percentage, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
What's awesome about smoothies is that we can create endless and amazing combinations. We suggest a smoothie with oranges, apple, carrot, ginger, celery, and flaxseed.
That is, foods that contain ingredients with many and beneficial properties for our body. Vitamins C, B1, B2, B6, B9, and K, as well as essential trace elements, such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, fiber and lipids.
- Ginger, orange, apple, carrot, and celery have antioxidant properties that neutralize the very harmful free radicals.
- Ginger, celery, apple, orange,and flaxseed are known for their anti-inflammatory action and for boosting our immune system.
- Ginger, carrot, apple, and flaxseed have anti-cancer properties.
In addition, this smoothie can help us control our cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes, while the fiber it contains helps with constipation problems.
Finally, it soothes stomach aches and nausea (ginger), relieves from the symptoms of menopause and (carrot - as our parents used to tell us) helps our vision.
Apart from all its beneficial properties, our smoothie is incredibly energy-boosting, aromatic and super flavorful! Especially, the freshness and intensity of celery and ginger really make it stand out!
For this recipe you will need:
Energy-boosting smoothie to start your day!
- 2 oranges
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 celery rib
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed
- Add all the ingredients in a high-speed blender or a food processor and mix well.
- Enjoy it right away, to get all the nutrients that this fantastic smoothie has to offer, serving with or without ice.
- You can freeze it in special molds and have wonderful and nutritious popsicles anytime. Also, perfect for kids!
- If you use a food processor and want a smooth texture, prefer ground flaxseed because the seeds might not be completely ground.
- If you want it to be more liquid, add:
- Another orange
- Almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- Fruit or vegetable juice