This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, allaboutvegans.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Are you hungry and in a hurry? In that case, the perfect solution is sandwiches. They're super easy and super quick to prepare and you can add any ingredient you like. Two slices of bread, spread some sauce, add a few vegetables and your vegan sandwich is ready!
Here we recommend a sandwich with avocado and mustard. Two ingredients that are usually available in vegan kitchens. Mustard is already usually ready, so it saves us time. Toasted bread makes the sandwich crispy, but if you want to save more time, you may leave it as it is. Regarding the sprouts, we strongly recommend them for special texture and flavor. If you don't have any available, you can easily replace them with arugula or lettuce.
Sandwiches are easy to carry. So you can have a healthy, delicious, nutritious and hearty snack for the office break.
Give it a try and let us know your opinion! 🙂
Quick and tasty vegan sandwich with avocado and sprouts
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1-2 large slices of tomato
- 1 small handful of alpha alpha leaves (alternatively we can use other sprouts, arugula, purple lettuce or iceberg)
- ½ tsp fresh cilantro or parsley finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cucumber (small), sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- salt (optional)
- Slightly toast the bread. For extra flavor you can rub a clove of garlic on the bread before toasting.
- Spread the mustard on the slices of bread. Slice the avocado or scoop it from its peel and place it carefully on a slice of bread. Add some salt and pepper. Then add the tomato, the coriander (or parsley) and the sprouts and, if you want, add some extra salt and pepper. Finally, cover it with the second slice of bread.
- Accompany with your little salad (mixing all the salad ingredients together).